Best Online Poker Sites
Prior to the 90’s friends would gather at a home and play poker amongst themselves. Others would see poker as a holiday entertainment. They could socialize and drink for hours whilst enjoying hand after hand of poker. Throughout the years, the skilled game of poker has become more and more popular Worldwide. Hence, now a days we have some Best Online Poker Sites.
Playing Online Poker
Entrepreneurs soon found an opportunity to take poker online. This meant, that thousands of players around the World could play poker together. Online poker sites such as partypoker, Pokerstars, 888Poker soon took off and marketed their poker rooms attracting the masses.
Since the very first poker games, online poker sites have developed their poker software. From just offering poker cash tables and online poker tournaments, poker rooms started to offer attractive poker promotions and special poker VIP programs. From having a standard poker loyalty store where players would earn points and redeem them for merchandise, to offering direct poker rakeback.
Where to play online poker
I am new to the poker world? I don’t know what poker room to sign-up with? Which poker room offers the best software? Which poker room offers the best bonuses? Where can I find the best online poker promotions?
These and many more, are the typical questions one would ask when wanting to register to an online poker room or embark on a poker career.
How to Pick the Best Online Poker Site
Well, we have made this choice much easier for you. Having been in the gaming industry for over a decade, we have narrowed it down to the Top Online Poker Sites. Simply select a one from our listed poker rooms and register.
How Does an Online Poker Bonus Work?
Usually, welcome bonuses will be added to your account as soon as you make a first deposit. There are different types of welcome bonuses available to new players.
1. Free Money – once you have registered an account and entered your personal details, some sites like 888 will credit your account with a small amount of cash. You won’t be able to withdraw this cash but use it to play at that poker room.
2. 100% match bonus – other sites such as Pokerstars will match your deposit up to a certain amount of cash. The bonus will get released as you play with your own money and accumulate points.
3. Tournament Tickets – some poker rooms like partypoker have reverted to issuing new customers with tickets to play online tourneys. With a small deposit of just $10 you can get $22 in tourney tickets.
What is the Best Online Poker Software?
A lot of research and development has lead poker rooms to offer better software, more attractive promotions, new games, etc. Pokerstars developed ‘Spin & Go’ whilst partypoker launched ‘Sit & Go’ and a few parallel games to it such as ‘Sit & Go Hero’ & ‘Sit & Go Jackpots’.
At one point Pokerstars lead the market with 888Poker in 2nd position, partypoker in 3rd position and some other poker rooms/ networks battling for 4th, 5th, etc. spots. In the past couple of years we have seen a huge improvement from partypoker hence now-a-days they are the 2nd best choice. This might change soon as they keep closing the gap with Pokerstars.
What Deposit Options Do I Have on the Best Poker Sites?
Depending on your country and where you have registered, poker rooms will offer different deposit options. These will usually be Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, paysafecard, Neteller, Skrill, Maestro, Dinners Club International, entropay, etc.
The Best Online Poker sites
Back in 2006, before UIGEA (Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006) came into force, partypoker was exactly what it’s tag line said “The World’s Largest Poker Room”. With a strong American market, the site had around 55% of the market share with Pokerstars and other smaller rooms taking up the other 45%.
Unfortunately for partypoker and because they were a listed company, they had to pull out of America in 2006 loosing ~75% of their business. This gave way to Pokerstars and FullTiltPoker who for many years have lead the poker industry.
Check out our overall best online poker site ranking below.